School Gateway App
I would like to take this opportunity to inform you about the free app, School Gateway, which enables parents to keep up to date with achievement and behaviour points logged in school.
If you use the app already, thank you for doing so. If you have not yet used this system, I would be grateful if you would consider downloading and installing the app. Guidance for downloading and using the app is detailed below.
If you use the app, you will be able to see when achievement and behaviour points have been given to your child, the reason and the lesson in which it was awarded. Students will collect achievement points in order to work towards receiving bronze, silver, gold and platinum achievement badges. In addition to the badges, students will be able to earn themselves a place in the end of half term rewards event.
Qualifying for the half term rewards is competitive, students need at least 95% attendance for the half term, and they will need to be in the top 50% of students for conduct points (achievement points minus behaviour points). Students qualifying for the rewards event will be able to sign up to take part in a variety of events running over the last two days of the half term. Further information will follow.
The App – School Gateway
This applicable for the following devices:
· Apple (iOS 8 on the iPhone 4S or later, iPad, iPad Touch)
· Android (4.0 / Ice Cream Sandwich or later)
To download the App please follow the process below:
1. Search for “School Gateway” in the Apple App Store/Google Play OR on your phone go to www.schoolgateway.com/apple (Apple) or www.schoolgateway.com/android (Android)
2. Install the App and if you are asked then say yes to “Allow Push Notifications”
3. When you launch School Gateway for the first time, please select ‘New User’ and enter the email address and mobile telephone number you have registered with the school. (It will not work if the address / mobile number are different from that recorded on the school system).
4. The system will send a PIN code to your phone; please enter this PIN code and the App will be activated for you. As soon as you have the system set-up, all of the text messages we send will appear in your App; you will receive notifications/alerts as normal.