Academy Equality Objectives in Our Curriculum:
- To ensure equality of opportunity for all students by implementing a broad and balanced curriculum that is relevant, ambitious, culturally rich and sequenced to ensure that all students achieve the highest standards and are well prepared for the next stage of their education.
- To develop learner confidence in all students no matter what their ability level.
- To ensure that all students feel valued by celebrating their successes with regular rewards.
- To ensure reading is accessed by all students, to develop fluency and reading for pleasure.
- To ensure that all students have a voice and can help shape their learning.
- To continue to improve the attendance of all vulnerable cohorts, and particularly those within the SEND and disadvantaged cohorts.
- To ensure that students with SEND receive appropriate support, provision, and achieve the best possible outcomes.
- To ensure that differences within our academy community are respected, valued, and celebrated because every person, students, and staff, are unique. To ensure acceptance without exception.
- By promoting British values throughout the curriculum, to encourage students from different faiths, communities, and background to work together, learn about each other’s customs, beliefs and ideas and respect each other’s viewpoints.
- To ensure the delivery of an outstanding RSHE/PSHE curriculum that meets the needs of all our learners yet is flexible and responsive to any challenges that arise.
- To ensure that every student receives unbiased careers guidance and opportunities which will help them prepare for the world of work
- To ensure that all our learners are:
Ready, Respectful, safe