What is the 16-19 Bursary Fund?
The 16-19 Bursary Fund is a government-funded scheme intended to help and support those young people who face financial barriers to continuing their education or training after the age of 16. The 16-19 Bursary Fund is intended to assist students in meeting the costs associated with attending post 16 and cannot be used to fund general living expenses. You may request assistance with any of the following:
• Personal protective equipment (PPE), where required and not supplied by the provider.
• Transport costs between home and Post 16.
• Meals in the school cafeteria – to the value of a free school meal (if eligible for free school meals, then no additional funding is necessary).
• The cost of stationery, printing, books, or other materials.
• The cost of visits, field trips etc. which form an essential part of your course (subject to funds available).
• DBS checks necessary for those completing some work placements.
• The costs for a student to travel to university open day visits or interviews for other destinations.
We may be able to aid other costs related to your studies that are not included in the list above.
Students can download an application form below, if you require any further information please contact Melissa Darwent at firstname.lastname@example.org