In line with government and medical expert guidance, parents are advised that children’s clothing should be changed and washed immediately after returning home from attending the academy. In order to support parents with this, ACET has relaxed its uniform policy for pupils, encouraging them to wear casual clothing instead.
The wearing of a uniform is very important to ensure that students feel a sense of identity and pride in their academy community. All students at Swinton Academy are expected to follow our uniform expectations.
At Swinton Academy our uniform consists of the following:
- Black blazer with academy badge. Blazer must be single breasted with a front pocket for the badge on the left side. The blazer must be plain black
- White shirt with collar, short or long sleeved, tucked into trousers/skirt
- Academy tie
- Plain black skirt. This should be knee length. Short/miniskirts will not be allowed
- Plain black tailored trousers suitable so that a shirt can be tucked into them. The following will not be allowed: Jeans, tight fitting leggings/jeggings, cords, combat trousers, tracksuit bottoms, flares, decorated trousers and ski pants
- Plain black ‘V’ neck jumper may be worn under the blazer in cold weather
- Sensible low heeled plain black footwear. The following are NOT acceptable: shoes or trainers with flashings or trims, stilettos or shoes with high heels over 3-4cm, sandals, open-toed shoes, sling back or backless shoes. Students are permitted to wear low heeled plain black boots during winter months. However, trousers must be worn outside of the boots.
- Religious headwear must be black
- BASEBALL CAPS MUST NOT BE WORN OR BROUGHT INTO THE ACADEMY. A wooly hat may be worn to travel to and from the academy in cold weather but NO HATS are to be worn inside the academy
- Non-uniform jumpers or sweatshirts MUST NOT BE WORN instead of a coat or jacket
The following is not acceptable for the academy:
- Hair dyed in bright colours (for example pink, red, blue, green etc. or any colour that is not a ‘natural colour’)
- Coloured nail varnish/false nails
- Shaved heads including hair patterns
Students must have:
- A dark coloured, waterproof, ‘over the shoulder’ bag
- A separate plastic bag for games kit
- Basic equipment eg pen, pencil etc
Jewellery should not be worn, with the exception of a watch and 1 pair of ear studs. Nose studs, tongue studs and other piercings are not allowed. Ear studs should not be worn in the upper ear.
Make-up should not be worn.
- Plain white T-shirt
- Plain black shorts
- Plain white T-shirt
- Black gym skirt or shorts
Upper school students (Y9-11) can wear Swinton Academy PE polo top or white T-shirt.
Outdoor Kit: Gold/black rugby shirt for all Year groups. Training and football boots (Boys and Girls).
The following are not allowed and should not be brought into the academy:
Aerosols, tobacco, cigarettes, e-cigarette, cigarette lighters or knives of any description.
Mobile phones should be switched off during lessons.