The wearing of a uniform is very important to ensure that students feel a sense of identity and pride in their academy community. All students at Swinton Academy are expected to follow our uniform expectations.
At Swinton Academy our uniform consists of the following:
- Black blazer with academy badge. Blazer must be single breasted with a front pocket for the badge on the left side. The blazer must be plain black
- White shirt with collar, short or long sleeved, tucked into trousers/skirt
- Academy tie
- Plain black skirt. This should be knee length. Short/miniskirts will not be allowed
- Plain black tailored trousers suitable so that a shirt can be tucked into them. The following will not be allowed: Jeans, tight fitting leggings/jeggings, cords, combat trousers, tracksuit bottoms, flares, decorated trousers and ski pants
- Plain black ‘V’ neck jumper may be worn under the blazer in cold weather
- Sensible low heeled plain black footwear. The following are NOT acceptable: shoes or trainers with flashings or trims, stilettos or shoes with high heels over 3-4cm, sandals, open-toed shoes, sling back or backless shoes. Students are permitted to wear low heeled plain black boots during winter months. However, trousers must be worn outside of the boots.
- Religious headwear must be black
- BASEBALL CAPS MUST NOT BE WORN OR BROUGHT INTO THE ACADEMY. A wooly hat may be worn to travel to and from the academy in cold weather but NO HATS are to be worn inside the academy
- Non-uniform jumpers or sweatshirts MUST NOT BE WORN instead of a coat or jacket
The following is not acceptable for the academy:
- Hair dyed in bright colours (for example pink, red, blue, green etc. or any colour that is not a ‘natural colour’)
- Coloured nail varnish/false nails
- Shaved heads including hair patterns
Students must have:
- A dark coloured, waterproof, ‘over the shoulder’ bag
- A separate plastic bag for games kit
- Basic equipment eg pen, pencil etc
Jewellery should not be worn, with the exception of a watch and 1 pair of ear studs. Nose studs, tongue studs and other piercings are not allowed. Ear studs should not be worn in the upper ear.
Make-up should not be worn.
- Plain white T-shirt
- Plain black shorts
- Plain white T-shirt
- Black gym skirt or shorts
Upper school students (Y9-11) can wear Swinton Academy PE polo top or white T-shirt.
Outdoor Kit: Gold/black rugby shirt for all Year groups. Training and football boots (Boys and Girls).
The following are not allowed and should not be brought into the academy:
Aerosols, tobacco, cigarettes, e-cigarette, cigarette lighters or knives of any description.
Mobile phones should be switched off during lessons.